Web Extra - Winter Hiking Links & Info
Here is a breakdown of where to go this winter, whether you’re hiking or skiing.
Click on the name of the trail to link to more details:
• Ascend Grey Mountain and snowshoe along the open, snowy ridge.
• Head up Coal Lake Road to the windswept landscape around Golden Horn.
• Try the Fish Lake trail, offering stunning mountain vistas.
• For backcountry skiers, try Summit Creek Hill or Log Cabin Mountain.
• Advanced skiers can head to Feather Peak or Mount Cleveland area.
• The Auriol trail is an easy hike, although it often remains in the shadow of the
rugged Auriol Range Mountains during mid-winter.
• Mount Lorne is a leisurely snowshoe, and you can hike most of the way up.
• For more elevation, hike to the peak of Caribou Mountain for a sweeping view of
Bennett Lake and Montana Mountain.
• White Pass towards Skagway, you can ski up Summit Creek for as long as you like
amongst the gorgeous Coast Mountains.
• Towards the Haines Pass is the Samuel Glacier trail, which is nestled behind